Another year, another fathers day. Every year someone composes one of those ‘greatest tv dads of all time’ list. You know, the kind of list whose dad teaches us life lessons like, don’t do drugs or how to be a gentleman, giving you advice about how women or men act when it comes to love. Well screw that. Every dad teaches their children the only way they know how and that’s what being a father is all about. So we comprised the 5 greatest dads from the FBJ universe that taught us something about life…in their own way. In no particular order:
1. Early is the father to Rusty on the animated series, Squidbillies. Nothing makes sense in their world except on occasion, Early has to be a father.
2. Bernie Mac from the Bernie Mac Show. The late comedian played Uncle Bernie but was more like a father to his sister’s children that helped raise.
3. Cletus from The Simpsons. Yes Cletus and not Homer just because he deserves his own spinoff.
4. Pops from The Wayans Brothers proved that no matter how old your children get, they are never too big for an ass whopping.
5. Al Bundy from Married With Children. No fathers day can be with the head of the Bundy clan. No matter how many times Al disappointed his family, they always had his back.